Monday, May 18, 2009

Links, Add-Ons, Bears, Oh My.

Okay, so, today's post is a list of links and add-ons I use and find useful. Like I said in my last post I am nowhere near the ideal of 'OMG Gamer extreme' so please don't go all 'you suck' on me for someone who's still just casual player style, and who isn't trying to aspire to anything great.

First off, the links:

Useful Stuff --
WoWhead, Thottbot, Allakhazam - Three generally good sites to go to for in-game data on items, mobs, quests, etc. These are also linked at the side of my blog, hence why no link to them here.
Curse Gaming - A good site to get add-ons. VERY useful. Also has add-ons for other games, but, really, I think paying attention to the WoW side is better.
Greedy Goblin - A good guide for everyone who wants to make a lot of gold for whatever reason. ** I DO NOT ADVOCATE GOLD FARMING TO SELL GOLD FOR $$. This is a link suggested for people like me, who are obsessed with getting a super-expensive item like the Mammoth mounts or the Chopper Bike.**

Community Stuff --
WoW Insider - Articles, guides, updates, news, and all manner of fu for WoW.
Warcraft Home - The first and formost place for Warcraft news. Blizzard, woo.
WoW Wiki - A wikipedia of WoW. Quest info, stats, yadda.

Now, down to add-ons that I use. I'll include links where I can, and otherwise you can usually find them on Curse Gaming, linked above.

Feedmachine - For hunters. Pops a button with food of choice every time your pet needs to be fed for maximum happiness near your cursor or the middle of the screen. Makes it easier to keep your pet fed.
ZHunter - A good add-on that allows the hunter to have separate action bars for the various things like tracking, traps, pet skills (feed, tame, dismiss, feign death, etc.). I also use the tracking bar for other classes to keep track of the track minerals or herbs or fish or etc. skills.
Mailget - a MUST for anyone who has Auction returns in the number of many. This allows you to get all your mail in one button click, automating the returning of items to you and the claiming of AH money. VERY useful.
Fishing Buddy - Makes Fishing easier by allowing you to easy-cast with just two right clicks of the mouse, keeps a list of all the fish you find in a water area, and also automatically lets you switch to track fish if you have the skill.
Friendshare - Allows you to sync friend lists for all your alts on a server as long as they're same faction. Very useful for people who have altchar-itis like I do who want to keep the same friends list on all chars.
Auctioneer - Allows one to post auctions in batches, handle the Auction house with less problems, and is generally an all around time saver. I love this add-on.
Gatherer - The Gather-Skill User's lover. Seriously, I don't know what I'd do with this. It marks down where others have gathered things in your guild, marks where you have gathered things, and shows you a list of locations for find things, be it herbs, ore, or treasure chests.
Ackis Recipe List - This Add-on allows you to keep track of the recipes you need for your various professions, from cooking, to jeweling (etc), to First Aid. Very useful when you're trying to complete your list of recipes for your profession but don't know what you need.
Selljunk - Gives you a button on all vendor panels allowing you to sell junk items all at once, and also tells you how much money you made from doing it. Good way to keep track of your income from vending.
LilSparky's Workshop - This addon is one of the best of them all. It works with Auctioneer, and when you open a profession window, will list the prices that various crafted items you can make will sell for on the AH. Can be very good for deciding what you're going to make in bulk for listing to try and get money.

This is the list of what I'm using now. I'm always on the lookout for new add-ons to help me out though, so if you have any suggestions, feel free to make them. Now on to the first record post of the blog.

Current AH Listings: 341
Current Gold: 1710

Thing I wanted to buy but didn't: Dun Morough Cub. Yes, I managed to conquer my obsession with Vanity pets for 1 day!

No comments:

Post a Comment