Monday, June 29, 2009

A Cow That Skins And Makes Leather

Audio Book of the moment: Ella Enchanted.

Hit 70 on Maggyn a few days ago. Since Saturdays are my designated NO COMPUTER days, this can be a bit of a slow process, and, admittedly, I haven't blogged much in a while, mostly because June is always a busy month, what with THREE BIRTHDAYS in a row in the house in a single month, mine coming in the middle.

Anyway, since the fire festival is going on I've found hitting fires to be very profitable. And with the next patch looming, I've been collecting Titanium whenever I can find it. Ore mostly, since that's going to become prospectable. Which is where a hint comes in for you folks out there who might be reading this-- GET ORE NOW, any way you can, though mining it yourself is most profitable. When the next patch hits there are going to be several changes that will make people want to become miners, and most miners just smelt their way to levels instead of mining levels. Because they are lazy. Because people are always lazy when they can be.

Titanium Ore, as I've said, is going to be made prospectable, and will carry more blue gems than green. So people are going to want to prospect the hell out of titanium. (Myself included, but I have the patience of a Mouse God when it comes to farming things on my own.) Which means they're going to buy as much titanium as they can. Where's this going to leave Saronite? Well, it's still going to be needed for levelling Mining and mining-related professions, as well as needed for things that sell well that can be made from it, so don't forget to collect saronite as well.

Now, for Leatherworking-- I've FINALLY gotten Maggyn's skills up enough that she can use all this Borean Leather she's been getting while I farm for chiton off Nerubians outside Honor Hold. I've found though that making Borean Armor Kits is much more profitable than a lot of the armor I can make at this time-- People apparently like adding armor to their gear by padding it or something. Weirdos. I've also been working rather hard on trying to turn her into a PROPER hunter but I'm admittedly not a raider, and my guild is still small. So I'm buying most of my gear off the AH for now, though blessed be, I've found some things from quest rewards to be delicious when applied to her. I'll never be a l337 hunter, but I don't expect to be, I just want her to be on par with Shannae and able to withstand Northrend!

Her current pet is a bear. (Black bear tamed in Doorf lands because it's the bear skin I like most after the polar bear skins.) He's not exactly a massive tank, but he does what I need him to-- Kill spider and bug people I can skin while I spend half the time trying to make money on her and the other half doing quests to level.

ATM I'm in debt to a Guild mate for 16 stacks worth of adamantite shells, which are the strongest thing I can afford for now. (Cows begin with guns. I LOVE Cows with guns.) I'm going to repay him with 16 stacks of Borean Armor Kits, which sell for more than the bullets do. (1 stack of 1000 Adamantite shells sells for 13g, while one stack og 10 armor kits sells for 20g.)Slow going though it is, it's still less work than, say... Leveling up a mining skill to get the ore myself. Especially if I farm Nerubians for the scraps/leather. You get 1 - 3 scraps from nerubians and the occasional chiton and arctic fur can sell for yes on the AH as well. So it's profitable either way I go at it. One arctic fur alone is 49g.

At the moment, Leatherworking is at: 387/450 while skinning is at: 444/450. Skinning, admittedly, climbs faster and easier than leatherworking but leatherworking is getting there. And an added bonus of all the greens I get (I AM the Green Magnet, after all) gives me money from the AH sales of things I can't use.

Addons that have updated since my last post:
Fishing Buddy
Ackis Recipe List

Current Auctions:
Alliance - 244
Horde - 10

Current Gold:
Alliance - 635
Horde - 128

No comments:

Post a Comment